Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tests and God's Fingerprints

This morning was my first "solo" flight at M.D. Anderson. Getting there at 5:47 AM. (Funny how everything in "Cancer World" at M.D. Anderson is to the exact minute.) Not a bad thing for someone like me who has been known as "Sparkle Sparkle" cause I do not always organize my thoughts well. Everything went well. I had to sign the papers that made me an "official" clinical trial patient. I haven't been told if that comes with a trophy or not. Hmmm. I was given several copies of New Testament pamphlets from church that I was going to use to hand out at our soup kitchen. As things happened, I never got around to it. Well, I now have these "gifts" spread all over the 5th floor of the Mays Breast Clinic for anyone and everyone to pick up and read during any down time. From what I am experiencing, the down time is more for the family than for the patient. I see many family members camped out on couches/recliners sleeping. Some were there when I got there and still there when I left. My dear friend Dolores will be doing that Friday. Friday is the last of the tests for this week and the doctor should have the report on lymph nodes, heart, and other organs.
Jai, (pronoucned like Jay) is the clinical study coordinator and she informed me today that they are making an exception to the "norm" by allowing me to participate because two other patients had agreed to join the trial and they were limited to only accepting two. She said that Dr. Murray and she decided to press forward with me as a candidate. Again....God's fingerprints. Wow.
Barry is in constant contact with me and is in good spirits. He is forever supportive in prayer and words. I miss him beyond words and hope to see him the weekend after next. All is good. All is well. All in His time.
Prayers are still being answered and I am so thankful to all of you.
Love,
Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment