Saturday, January 14, 2012

Personal and Private

I am so happy to be home. I was not surprised however that apprehension arose. In Katy I was buffeted somewhat from the 'norms" of my life. It was WONDERFUL to see my Barry. I wish he was home for good. However I am thankful for his job and know all has a purpose. This walk would be less fearful I believe if he were home. As a friend said in one of his emails to pray-ers.... "Patti is having to depend totally on God, which is a good thing." It was while talking to Barry and making decisions about how to handle my treatment dates that I realized just how private and personal this breast cancer is. No matter how loud I shout it, how much I share it in a blog, no matter how many people talk to me, no matter how many people are going through it now or have gone through it..... it remains a very personal and private event. All helps to each different degrees and I'm thankful and blessed for the opportunities. The fact that I have to depend on someone(s) to transport me to Houston for a treatment that will have me bald in a two to three weeks and sporting black/grey fingernails that will most likely fall off is not something that is easily shared with anyone... not even my husband. ( I was told by Dr. Murray that the chances of baldness and fingernail ailments are 100%) Okay... enough fiddle playing right? God is telling me to get over myself. He will walk with me and carry me when needed. He hasn't let me down yet and I have no reason to think He will ever let me down. Leslie Steele, my daughter in-law, came to our house while I was away and did an excellent job "spiffing" it up for me. It was a breath of  fresh air. I asked her if she would drive me over to M.D. Anderson for my first treatment and she graciously agreed. I owe her and many many others a debt that I can only repay by paying it forward and by praying blessings over their lives in God's name with whom all is possible.
Love all
Patti

1 comment:

  1. Patti - I know you are the one walking through the fire but please bless us by letting us help you. Ask for that ride, meal, quick run to the store, let us be there to help you. We lift your name to our heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete