Monday, January 23, 2012

Fear

  I was in the beginning of prayer and reflection when a feeling of fear came over me. Our prayer warriors have been lifting a dear young woman for healing from cancer for well on a year now. Miracles have been occuring in her life along with difficult struggles from the side effects of chemo... many of which I may soon be living through. The fear of facing what she is living with at this moment  wrapped itself around me like a dark cold black glove. For a minute...a short minute... I forgot about what our dear friend was living through and worried about what I MIGHT be going through soon. Shame on me!!!! If that is not the epitomy of selfishness I don't know what is!!! In today's devotional, a gift that arrived unexpectedly in the mail last week, I read something Billy Graham had said; "Whatever you love most, be it sports, pleasures, business, or God, that is your god." Just before reading this statement I had read what Paul had said when he addressed the Philippians in Philippians 1:9- "And I pray this; that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment, so that you can determine what really matters and can be pure and blameless in the day of Christ." It is exactly this discernment that He laid on me when I read the statement from Billy Graham. When I accepted the fear of what might be to come I dishonored God by doubting His grace and I made "me" the god. (My Bridge City Bible Study girls, the NOGS, call this the god with a little "g".) I lost sight of "what really matters" even if it was for just a few minutes. I ask forgiveness for my weaknesses Father and I thank You for Your loving heart. It is only in Your word that I can grow in my relationship with You and be fed the milk of Your knowledge. Thank you Father.
Please pray with me for our sister in Christ, Tammy by reading along with me and others as;
 we lift Tammy up for complete healing that can only come from the grace of the Holy Spirit which lives in all of us. As children of God, we pray to You, our Brother Jesus, for Divine intervention on behalf of our sister in Christ, Tammy, who lives faithfully by Your Word in obedience in thoughts, in words, and in action. We ask that Your Almighty powerful hands wash her and baptize her anew and that her body align with Your healing will. May her family be comforted in the peace that dwells in us through Your Spirit. This is asked with the love and faith for Our great Physician, Our Prince of Peace, Jesus, the Christ who died so that we may live. Your word tells us that when two or more are gathered, You will heed our prayers. We look with great anticipation to the great works You will perform for Tammy at this moment Father, tomorrow, and forever. Amen... We love You.. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment