Sunday, January 29, 2012

Covered in Blessings

Barry and I look forward to Sunday service every week. I am so thankful that my personal desire to attend has grown to be much more than the "feel good" about attending that I began with early in my relationship with Christ. ( I can't speak for Barry but I'd bet the farm that he feels the same way.) Over the past 6 years as a member of First Presbyterian Church of Orange, the fellowship from the faithful congregation, has lead to a growth in faith that cannot be matched. He allowed me to face some challenges and has both humbled and strengthened me in the process. Our Almighty God has shown me that His path is not always about "feeling good" about things but rather about delving into His word to use as both a weapon against both the flagrant evil and the subtle evil that surrounds us and as a foundation of strength to speak boldly of the mysteries of His gospels. I see this strength and feel this strength from those with whom I worship with at First Pres. Today, during service and at the community meal, I felt the love and the outpouring of faithful prayers layed at the foot of the cross for my healing and for the encouragement for Barry through this ordeal.
Thank You God, thank You Father. You are the One Provider Who loves me beyond all measure.
Amen. Amen.
  Tomorrow is the day for my first treatment. The prayers of others are being answered in the strength He provides and the comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment