Tuesday, January 10, 2012

O-F.R.O.G.

Today found me using the term O- FROG. O pportunity to F ully, F aithfully, and F orver , R ely OG od. I received news this morning that I was accepted into the clinical trial for treatment of my cancer. Although technically this is great news, it carries with it some O-FROG items; 1. My being accepted into the clinical verifies that I do in fact have the triple negative aggressive type cancer that does not respond well to "normal" treatment since that is the only ones they will allow in this program. 2. The experimental drug I'll be taking can pose harm to other vital organs in my body. 3. The side effects of the new drug will ride along side the effects of the standard chemo which conjors up all sort of demons in my head. The fear of how others will see me as my body goes through such changes....the fear of not being able to do my job as needed......the fear of how this illness will effect my family and friends....the fear of what ifs....the fear of what if nots.... the fear....the fear.... Had it not been for the prayers of my brothers and sisters that were answered in many ways including leading me to scripture in the phenomenal book given to me by Marilyn Crim, Christ the Healer, and healing and strengthening scripture through emails all these fears would have sucked me under. By the grace of God through the Holy Spirit that lives in me and the answers to all the faithful prayers, the fear did not make it into my heart. It parked in my mind a little while then exited through one of my ears. Understanding the God knows I have fears because I came from dust, stops me from beating myself up when fear does invade my mind. He made me... He knows it's human to fear... He also knows my heart and the heart of all who love Him and He comforts my heart with His words found in scripture. Thank you Father for the blessing of Your Word, left here as food and drink for all who seek. I praise You and glorify You and pronounce unashamed my love for You. Amen...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment