Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Taken by Surprise? Not Him...

   Tuesday, the day after what a dear friend called "my day of spa" and "movies", aka (chemo treatment), I was brought back down to the reality of the cancer treatment. ( I am referring to my previous blog about the luxuries provided during chemotherapy.) I was taken by surprise at the severity of the effects one of which was pain under my rib cage on the right side of my back. I was told by everyone that "usually" after a treatment the side effects don't show up until the third day or so. Well, I must be the exception because the not so pretty effects occurred by the time I go home that night.
   Although I was not prepared for the suddeness or the severity of the treatment, God was. On my way home from Houston I called Barry to let him know that the first treatment was complete and Leslie and I were on our way home. He informed me that he too was on his way home having just been laid off due to material shortage. My immediate thought was of dread and fear about finances. I didn't say that to Barry thinking it was nothing he could change. As soon as I hung up the phone, Lesilie, sensing my concern, voiced how this was wonderful news. Barry was going to be home with me and what a time to have him. She also said how it was in His plan. What a truthful statement. Barry being home at this precise time was no doubt God's response to what He knew I would need.
   I may have been taken by surprise.... but thankfully.. He wasn't. Our God is an Awesome God.
Prayers and Thoughts are filling my life with such blessings. Thank you all.
Love and blessings
Patti

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Barry is going to be home with you right now. That is truly a blessing. God is at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the two of you are together! :)

    ReplyDelete